Video Game Addiction & Internet Addiction Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Video Game Addiction & Internet Addiction Forum

The TechAddiction.ca support forum. Meet, support, and learn from other gamers or internet users who are struggling with an online or gaming addiction. For even more information, visit the main site at www.techaddiction.ca

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Most Addictive Games.....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LifeSupport

Most Addictive Games..... Empty
PostSubject: Most Addictive Games.....   Most Addictive Games..... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 1:59 pm

Hey all, I rather not use my real name Razz, so I'll be known as Lifesupport on this forum. Personally I don't think computer games are BAD, they quite entertaining, but when they begin to take perference over more important things such as school, family or work, then you know its time to stop and prehaps look for help.

Just to get things rolling I thought I start a topic on what some of the most addictive games are, and what makes them so addictive. Below is a list of what I believe to be some of the most addictive games currently on the internet.

World of War Craft (currently having a population of 9.3 million, a little under half of Australia's Population Shocked )
Defence of the Ancient (DOTA)
Everquest
Maplestory
Second Life

So What makes these games so addictive? My guess is it because most of them allow us to escape reality, and enter a world where we can become whatever we want with relative ease. Essentially what these games allow us to do is live an imaginery and glorified life through our avatar (character which represents you in a game). I think the main reason people play these games, is that they find it more interesting than reality, and prehaps they gain a sense of accomplishment by completing 'quests' and 'missions' in game which they don't feel they can obtain in real life.

One reason why it maybe so hard to quit these games, is that by doing so you abandon your virtual character and also the supposed 'friendships' that you formed during your time in the game.

any comments, additions on the topic is welcome.

cheers
Back to top Go down
IntoTheGame

PostSubject: Re: Most Addictive Games.....   Most Addictive Games..... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 1:12 am

there are alot of addicting games for alot of different gamers, they can be competitive or just to escape the real world like you said. for instance, halo, is a game with ideas of the future. planet travel. meeting another intelligent life form ect. i also think that gamers dont want to loose all the work they put into the character, or want to get better so they are thought of as or godly or elite(1337) thats for the competitive gamers like me. i was never a popular guy in school, so a game i can play where i can be respected and well liked is a haven. not the right sort of solution, but it really does help in our minds.
Back to top Go down
gaiaguerrilla

PostSubject: Re: Most Addictive Games.....   Most Addictive Games..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 12:24 am

Starcraft
Back to top Go down
Tyanne

Tyanne

PostSubject: Re: Most Addictive Games.....   Most Addictive Games..... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 1:14 pm

WOW for sure
Back to top Go down
Anturak

PostSubject: Re: Most Addictive Games.....   Most Addictive Games..... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 4:42 pm

League of legends for me. Also watching anything pro-level. Whether it be league, starcraft, street fighter, mortal kombat, and a whole host of other stuff. Also let's plays of various games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most Addictive Games.....   Most Addictive Games..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Most Addictive Games.....
Page 1 of 1