Video Game Addiction & Internet Addiction Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Video Game Addiction & Internet Addiction Forum

The TechAddiction.ca support forum. Meet, support, and learn from other gamers or internet users who are struggling with an online or gaming addiction. For even more information, visit the main site at www.techaddiction.ca

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Post your tips

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Brent
Admin
Brent

Post your tips Empty
PostSubject: Post your tips   Post your tips Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 7:09 pm

This one is pretty self-explanatory. How have you tried to reduce your online time or gaming habits? What has worked and what hasn't?

Brent
Back to top Go down
http://www.techaddiction.ca
gamingaddiction!

Post your tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post your tips   Post your tips Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 1:50 pm

Hi... try going to the gaming addiction forum on facebook. There is a counselor online who will answer questions specifically. I think you just like it and post up.
Back to top Go down
sheeshmode

Post your tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post your tips   Post your tips Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 8:51 pm

In my experience the only means of recovering from this disease is a complete psychological change of the person's core values. Also referred to as a 'spiritual experience'. While it is possible to achieve this by steadfast observance of a particular religious practice, I find it much more appealing to work with other addicts like myself and attend recovery meetings for recovered addicts.

Furthermore, I have come to learn and accept that this disease is more than a habit. While the word is technically correct it carries insufficient weight to effectively describe the affliction of addiction. The craving, powerlessness, and terrible anxiety ridden depression that we addicts feel on a regular basis, which only increases over time in conjunction with our craving and gaming.

Many of the things that I was told to do in order to help myself actually hold true once the craving has been lifted. Things like sleeping, eating, working out, taking care of my personal affairs and keeping organized. These are all useful and healthy habits that aid in creating a balanced and healthy life.

None of that is possible when you're overwhelmed with the desire to game, too tired to think straight, and too manic to go to sleep.

So in-effect, the best way to deal with games is to engage the root of the problem directly through a recovery group or other spiritual means and conduct an extensive inventory of our own emotional baggage and the cornucopia of skellingtons in our closet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Post your tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post your tips   Post your tips Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post your tips
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Video Game Addiction & Internet Addiction Forum :: TechAddiction.ca - Support Forum :: Advice and Tips-
Jump to: